Record of Saegareth
The Astral Plane:
- 3rd level: Quicken Spell [Metamagic] Gain the ability to cast spells as if they had the quicken spell feat. (this ability ignores the normal restriction on spontaneous casting as a full-round action)
- 6th Level: Invisible Spell [Metamagic] You can modify any spell so that it carries no visible manifestation, but all other aspects of the spell, including range, area targets and damage remain the same. Those with detect magic, see invisibility, or true seeing spells or effects active at the time of the casting will see whatever visual manifestations typically accompany the spell.
- 9th Level: Silent Spell [Metamagic] You gain the ability to cast spells as if you had the Silent Spell feat (the spell can be cast without a vocal component).
- 12th Level: Still Spell [Metamagic] You gain the ability to cast spells as if you had the Still Spell feat (the spell can be cast without a somatic component)
- 15th Level: Echoing Spell [Metamagic] You gain the ability to retrieve the residual energy of spells you have already cast. Once per round, you may recast any spell you have already used today, but at half your caster for the purpose of determining range, area, duration, and damage/number of targets affected.
The Ethereal Plane:
- 3rd Level: Self Concealment: Attacks against you have a 10% miss chance. You do not lose this ability if you lose your dexterity bonus to AC.
- 6th Level: Sneak Precision Damage: Gain 1d6 of sneak attack damage or increase your existing sneak attack damage by 1d6. This ability follows the normal rules for making sneak attacks.
- 9th level: Battle Jump: You can execute a charge by dropping from a height of at least 5 feet above your opponent. If you hit you can choose to deal double damage with a melee weapon or a natural weapon, or you may choose to attempt to pin your opponent. You are considered a creature one size larger than your size during this drop.
- 12th Level: Elusive Dance: On your action designate an opponent, that opponent cannot make attacks of opportunity against you. This opponent may change on your action. If you have the Dodge feat the opponent you designate for the Dodge feat and for this ability must be the same.
- 15th Level: Ethereal Body: Your body becomes slightly out of phase with the rest of the world. You become translucent and ghostly, gaining a +5 bonus to Hide checks. For the duration, you can only be targeted by spells and effects with the Force descriptor, or Abjurations.
The Shadow Plane:
- 3rd Level: Hide in Plain sight: You may use the hide skill even when being observed as long as you are within 10 feet of some sort of shadow other than your own. When you step from the Shadows, any opponent you attack in the same round loses their Dex bonus to AC against your attacks.
- 6th Level: Improved Uncanny Dodge: You cannot be flanked, and cannot lose you Dex bonus to AC.
- 9th Level: Shadow Jump: You may travel between shadows no more than 40 feet apart, beginning and ending entirely in a shadowed area.
- 12th Level: Defensive Roll: When you would normally be reduced to 0 HP or less, you may make a Reflex Save (DC=Damage Dealt) and, if successful, take a 5-foot-step and receive only half damage from the blow. This ability can be used off-turn, but cannot be used when you would lose your Dex
- 15th Level: Shadow Stalker: While using this ability, you are also considered to be using Hide in Plain Sight and Shadow Jump. Once before you stop projecting, you can end your turn in a creature’s shadow from whom you are hidden, and become part of it (ending your projection) You may then remain concealed in a demiplane within their shadow for up to 24 hours. At that time or at any time of your choosing, you may emerge. If you attack while doing so, the target loses their Dex bonus to AC.
- 3rd level Fey Charm: You gain a +4 bonus to Bluff, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Sense Motive, and Sleight of Hand checks.
- 6th Level Compelling Illusions: Creatures are not allowed a roll to Disbelieve Illusion spells cast while you project.
- 9th Level
- 12th Level
- 15th Level
Positive Energy Plane
- 3rd Level Vital Touch [Metamagic]: You can spontaneously cast Heal spells as clerics do. However, the spell slot you expend is treated as though it were one level higher.
- 6th Level Potent Life-force: You regain twice the number of HP than normal from healing effects. This includes spells cast on your or potions consumed for the duration. Spells cast by you on others are also similarly empowered.
- 9th Level Radiant Spell [Metamagic]: A spell empowered by this ability deals double damage to undead and evil outsiders.
- 12th Level Radiant Aura: You automatically turn any number of undead within 5’/2 levels. You are assumed to have rolled a 15 on the die for your turning check to determine the maximum level of undead affected. Evil Outsiders in the radius are not turned, but cannot attack you (provided they are low enough level)
- 15th Level Radiant Aspect: You automatically destroy any number of undead who you could normally turn, within 5’/3 levels. You are assumed to have rolled a 10 on the die for your Turning check to determine the maximum level of undead affected. Evil Outsiders in the radius are turned (proved they are low enough level). Allies in this radius are healed
Negative Energy Plane
- 3rd Level Corrupting Touch [Metamagic]: You can spontaneously cast Inflict spells as clerics do. However, the spell slot you expend is treated as though it were one level higher.
- 6th Level Malignant Life-force: You take half damage (round down) from spells that would harm you, and the caster takes an equal amount of damage. Additionally, Inflict spells you cast deal double damage.
- 9th Level Dark Spell [Metamagic]: A spell empowered by this ability deals double damage to good outsiders, or heals undead for double the HP.
- 12th Level Dark Aura: You automatically rebuke any number of undead within 5’/2 levels. You are assumed to have rolled a 15 on the die for your turning check to determine the maximum level of undead affected. Good Outsiders in the radius cannot attack you (provided they are low enough level)
- 15th Level Dark Aspect: You automatically control any number of undead who you could normally turn, within 5’/3 levels. You are assumed to have rolled a 10 on the die for your turning check to determine the maximum level of undead affected. All undead in the aura are considered Bolstered to your level+4 (unless they are higher level than that already)
The Air Plane:
- At 3rd Level: Flight: You gain the ability to fly as a move action. Your fly speed equals 1.5 times your land speed, rounded up. You can ascend at half speed and descend at double speed, with good maneuverability. If you are aloft when you stop projecting, you descend downward 20 feet per round for 1d6 rounds. If you do not land in that time, you fall the remaining distance. (taking 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet of fall)
- 6th Level: Dust Cloud: As standard action you can cast dust up into the air to create a dust cloud in a ten foot radius around you. The cloud obscures visions, blinding creatures that are in the cloud, creating a 50% miss chance for every attack and for one round after emerging from the cloud (you ignore this effect).
- 9th Level: As with Flight, but applies to any number of creatures you specify (no more than character level) within 30 ft. 12th Level: Windstorm: As a full round action you create a blast of wind in a 60’ cone-shaped burst or a 20’ sphere-shaped burst. Anyone in the initial blast is blown (1d8/cone, 1d6/sphere) times 5 feet away from you, and knocked prone. The area remains windy until the end of your next turn, during which time no one in the area can stand or move closer to you.
- 15th Level: Summon Elemental: Once while projecting, you can summon an Air Elemental as if you had cast Summon Monster. This is a Spell-Like Ability.
The Water Plane:
- At 3rd Level: Heart of Water: You gain a swim speed equal to your movement speed.(This also grants you a +8 bonus on your swim checks) . You gain the ability to breathe water as if under the effects of the water breathing spell. You gain a +5 enhancement bonus on escape artist checks. You can also activate the freedom of movement spell as a swift action.
- At 6th Level: Water to Acid: You can transform 1 gallon/level of water into acid, which deals damage to creatures that come in contact with it, however you cannot transform water inside a creature’s body. You can fill a flask with acid produced in this way (1 gallon/flask) and throw it as a splash weapon that deals 1d6 points of acid damage on a direct hit and 1 point of acid damage from a splash (PHP 128). Each round a creature is in contact with acid it takes 1d6 points of acid damage. The acid dissolves metallic objects by dealing 1d6 points of damage per round and ignores the object’s hardness.
- At 9th Level: Drowning Sphere: You can create a sphere of water surrounding a single target, dealing 3d6 points of damage per round and lasting 1d4 rounds. At 12th Level: Maelstrom: You call water to create a vortex in a 20’ sphere-shaped spread. All creatures within fifteen feet of the vortex must succeed reflex saves or be sucked in. Creatures sucked into the vortex take 2d8 of battering damage upon being sucked in. Once inside creatures are trapped for 1d4 rounds and take 2d8 of battering damage for every round they are trapped.
- 15th Level: Summon Elemental: Once while projecting, you can summon a Water Elemental as if you had cast Summon Monster. This is a Spell-Like Ability.
The Fire Plane:
- At 3rd Level: Fire Devotion: Once per day as a swift action, you can sheathe your body in red and orange flames. The fire does not harm you, but you illuminate the nearby area as a torch would. While you are thus alight, each of your melee attacks deals 1 extra point of fire damage + 1 point for every three character levels you possess (maximum +7 at 18th level). Any foe injured by this fire ignites and burns for an additional ld4 points of fire damage per round unless it succeeds on a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Cha modifier). A burning creature can take a move action to automatically douse the flames.
- At 6th Level Dragon’s Breath: Conjure flame in a 20’ cone-shaped burst that deals 2d6 points of fire damage per caster level (maximum 10d6). Reflex save (half damage)
- At 9th Level Scarlet Curtain: You conjure a Wall of Fire, as with the spell by the same name, as a Spell-Like Ability. This version of the spell however is immune to cold damage, and can only be maintained as long as you are Projecting.
- 12th level Pyromania: You can control and create fire. As a standard action, you can create a bonfire-sized flame. As a swift action you can create a torch-sized flame. This flame persists for the duration of your projection, even if conjured on a non-flammable object or surface. It will spread if it comes in contact with a flammable substance. You can move or extinguish a number of flames equal to your character level with a move action. Any time you target a creature or attended object, you must make a ranged touch attack or fail. You are immune to damage from these flames for as long as you project, but not to the hazard of smoke in an enclosed area.
- 15th level: Summon Elemental: Once while projecting, you can summon a Fire Elemental as if you had cast Summon Monster. This is a Spell-Like Ability.
- 3rd Level Burrow: You gain a tunnel speed equal to your land speed.
- 6th Level Earthen Durability: [Metamagic] You may cast spells as if you had the Extend Spell or Widen Spell feat (but not both on the same spell).
- 9th Level Tremor: You create resonant vibrations in the earth nearby, causing one of the 2 following effects. 1) you create a Sympathetic Vibration as with the spell by the same name (except that the spell only lasts as long as you Project for, and has a casting time of 1 full-round action) or 2) creatures within a 30’ spread are knocked prone and must make a Reflex save to stand within the area for the duration.
- 12th Level Gravity: You create a vertical cylinder of strong gravity with a max radius of 5’/3 levels and a max height of 15’/4 levels. Creatures in the area are knocked prone and must succeed a Fortitude check to stand. Airborn creatures are pulled down, safely descending a distance equal to their fly speed before falling the remaining distance.
- 15th Level: Summon Elemental: Once while projecting, you can summon an Earth Elemental as if you had cast Summon Monster. This is a Spell-Like Ability.
The Dream Plane:
- At 3rd Level: Deja Vu: For the duration of your projection, those who witness you will later believe you were part of a dream. Witnesses will react to you normally at the time, but if questioned about you at a later point, they must succeed on a Will Save or forget they saw you. For every 2 levels past 3rd, you may include one ally in this effect.
- At 6th Level: Bladeweave: Bladeweave imbues your melee attacks with a fascinating pattern or rhythm that entrances your opponent. Any round that you attack with a melee weapon, you can make a single additional touch attack with that weapon at your normal attack bonus as a free action. This attack deals 1d6 damage and the target must make a Will save or be dazed for 1 round.
- At 9th Level: Fever Dream: With a touch, you plant a seed in your target’s mind that will bloom into a nightmare of terror. As a standard action, you may make a melee touch attack to infect the target with a Fever Dream. The next time they rest, their sleep is disturbed by a spiking fever and disorienting dreams. The target gets a Will save to recognize the dream as unreal. If that save fails, the creature awakens exhausted for the day. A successful Fortitude save lessens the condition to fatigued. During the following day, the subject must also make a Concentration check each time it attempts to cast, concentrate on, or direct a spell. Creatures that do not sleep are only fatigued (Fortitude Save negates), and are granted a Will save to negate the spell disruption.
- 12th Level Waking Dream: Your [Mind-affecting] spells ignore spell resistance and the DC for Will saves against these spells increases by 4.
- 15th Level Dream Incarnate: Any [Mind-affecting] spells you know become spell-like abilities for the duration of your projection. This means using them does not consume a spell-slot, however all other traits of the spell remain the same. Your caster level equals your character level.
The Far Plane:
- 3rd Level Disturbing Touch: As a standard action you may make a melee touch attack to attempt to induce temporary insanity in the target. On a success, the target must make a Will save, or experience a short-term temporary insanity effect (Unearthed Arcana p.200)
- 6th Level Aberrant Touch: As a standard action you may make a melee touch attack to attempt to induce a temporary insanity in the target. On a success, the target must make a Will save, or experience a long-term temporary insanity effect (Unearthed Arcana p.200)
- 9th Level: Teleport: You instantly travel to a designated location up to 100 miles away per character level. Interplanar travel is not possible. This ability functions in all ways like the spell by the same name, and is a Spell-like Ability. The one exception is that on a Mishap, you and every creature accompanying you suffers a Short-Term Insanity effect (Unearthed Arcana p.200)
- 12th Level Impossible Knowledge [Metamagic]: You can expend a spell slot to spontaneously cast any spell. This spell must be two levels lower than the slot you expended, and if it is a spell you could not normally cast, you must meet all requirements. (high enough ability score with the relevant stat, alignment restrictions, ect).
- 15th Level Warp Reality: You unleash Far Realm essence into the world around you. Within 5’/3 levels, you may with a swift action change one of the following:
Direction of gravity
Composition of the air/surroundings
You are subject to the hazards of any condition you create, and the zone moves with you. Things that leave the zone return to their normal state, as does the area within the zone once the duration ends. With a move action, you can teleport anywhere within the zone. All enemies within the zone lose their Dex bonus to AC.